Brenda is the Chief Compliance Officer of Cordant Wealth Partners. Prior to joining Cordant, she was the Sr. Risk Officer for Morgan Stanley’s Oregon Complex. Brenda earned the Investment Advisor Certified Compliance Professional (IACCP ®) designation in 2018. She studied Business and Nutrition at Point Loma Nazarene University.
My role on the Cordant Team
I’m consistently amazed to see how passionate our team is about making a difference in the lives of others. It’s exciting and rewarding to work for a company like Cordant, where the interest of our clients is the first and foremost priority, and where learning, growth, and true teamwork are part of our everyday culture.
In my primary role as Chief Compliance Officer, I develop, monitor, and manage Cordant’s compliance policies as well as overseeing Finance and HR for Cordant.
As the Chief Compliance Officer, most days you will find me:
- Ensuring that our activities meet the requirements of the state and federal legal and regulatory agencies
- Implementing human resource programs and policies
- Organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures
- Maintaining budgeting, forecasting, and bookkeeping
- Supporting the Cordant team
Outside of the office:
I spend most of my time outside the office with my husband and teenage son. I enjoy puttering around in our urban backyard farm and trying my hand at creating new dishes in the kitchen.