DEFERRED COMPENSATION & PENSION
WHAT IS DEFERRED COMPENSATION?
For qualifying employees, a 409(a) Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Plans present an opportunity to defer a portion of your income today and therefore reduce your tax bill.
The main benefit of these plans is the tax deferral feature—the ability to invest your money pre-tax and have it grow untaxed until the money is paid out.
HOW WE HELP WITH DEFERRED COMPENSATION
Deferred compensation (DC) can be an attractive employer benefit but, as a participant in your company’s deferred compensation plan, you’ve become an unsecured creditor of your company. You should think about that opportunity as skeptically as a bank underwriter would when approving a loan. Here’s how we can help:
- Assess you current exposure to your employer, how much of your net worth is already in DC plans, and how long you have until retirement
- Determine how much to defer, for how long, and how to invest the funds
- If needed, identify strategies to offset your risk in your employer’s DC plan
As a Tech employee, Deferred Compensation can be a valuable piece of your wealth strategy. We can help make sure you are armed with the knowledge to make smart and confident decisions with this benefit and accelerate your financial future.
THE CORDANT WEALTH ADVANTAGE
- Specialized working with Tech Employees
- Fiduciaries & Fee Only
- Transparent and objective