MANAGING YOUR RSUS (RESTRICTED STOCK UNITS)
WHAT ARE RSUs
Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) are a popular form of equity compensation at many tech companies.
They can, along with other types of equity compensation, add up to a significant portion of one’s income each year and become a substantial part of one’s net worth over time
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU MANAGE YOUR RSUs
Since RSUs can make up a significant portion of your income and net worth over time, it’s crucial to understand how they work, how they are taxed, and have an investment strategy in place for managing your RSU compensation. Cordant can help you:
- Plan for your RSU taxes and potentially develop a strategy to reduce your overall tax bill.
- Determine when to sell your RSU shares and manage your company stock to prevent concentration risk and income/career risk.
- If you are an executive or insider, follow company and SEC guidelines when buying/selling company stock.
As a Tech employee, chances are that RSUs are a valuable piece of your compensation plans. We can help make sure you are armed with the knowledge to make the most of them and accelerate your financial future.
THE CORDANT WEALTH ADVANTAGE
- Specialized working with Tech Employees
- Fiduciaries & Fee Only
- Transparent and objective