Episode 23 of the Cordant Wealth Partners’ Podcast Series
When making huge life transitions, we often have many questions left unanswered. If nearing retirement or newly retired, it’s likely you’re wondering what to do with your time, what benefits are available to you, and how you can stay connected.
In this interview, Ben Manny and Annette Bachmeier, from the Intel Retiree Organization, share their experiences transitioning from Intel to a board of directors on the retiree committee. They discuss the variety of benefits that the IRO offers retirees and how you can get involved. Join Scott Malbasa in this super informative conversation to learn more about how you can get the most out of your experience as an Intel retiree.
Listen to this episode on your preferred App:
- Ben and Annette share what they did at Intel and what they now do during their retirement
- Benefits of being part of Intel
- Annette discusses what organizations within Intel inspired her to stay involved in giving to her community
- Ben talks about the programs he volunteered with and how he helped other retirees get involved
- Ben and Annette discuss what their positions within the retiree organization are and what their current responsibilities look like
- Intel is an advocate for retirees and is strongly involved in pushing for giving their concerns a voice
- Intel goes out of their way to offer discounts and benefits to retirees
- There is a closed Facebook group for members of the Intel retiree organization that allows retirees to share information with one another and maintain community
- Retirement provides an array of opportunities to experience and get involved in new things
- The IRO website is a crucial resource for retirees to get information and stay informed
- People may miss a variety of discounts and opportunities by not staying updated with the IRO website
- People often miss staying connected with peers if they don’t stay involved in IRO
- There are major losses you experience when making a major life change and staying involved in community can be a huge support during the shift of retirement
- Intel is currently working on transitioning the board to be more sustainable
- Succession planning has become an important aspect of maintaining stability within the organization
- Current employees should get informed of the IRO before retirement
- Ben shares how you can join the IRO and discusses the privacy policies in place
- If you’re considering retirement, the IRO is a great place to get educated about on the retirement experience
How to join the IRO: https://intelretiree.com
Subscribe & Share!